By Lauren Felix of La Petite Fashionista (www.lapetitefashionista.com)
One of the best parts about starting an internship is the networking you can do with fellow interns post-work day. Outings with coworkers are a great opportunity to hear about projects others are working on and get to know the people you work with better. The only minor detail is the lack of time change out of stuffy work clothes into something more stylish and comfortable for the change in venue.
Luckily, I’ve prepared a few helpful hints for taking your outfit from the office to happy hour!
- Change of Shoes: One of the easiest way to spice up a boring work outfit is a pair of sassy high heels! Choose something colorful or fun to boost your confidence; shoes can be a conversation starter in themselves!
Betsey Johnson, $150 (Piperlime.com)
- Fun Accessories: In a pinch, a pair of glitzy earrings or a chunky bracelet can really switch up work wear. Keep a small cosmetic bag full of inexpensive, last-minute accessories you can throw on when you feel the need for a little glamour.
Forever 21, $5
- Little Black Dress: Keep a not-so-work appropriate dress covered up with a buttoned up cardigan & kick off the cover-up after 5 for a less stuffy look!
- Urban Outfitters, $48
- A Make-up Touch Up: It’s amazing what wonders a touch of eyeshadow and dab of lip gloss can do for a tired face! Pack a handy combination palette for a 3 minute makeover.
- Too Faced Glamour to go Palette, $19.50 (at Sephora)
- Embellished Hair Accessory: I don’t know what it is about sitting at a desk all day, but my hair never feels like it looks as good as when I styled it in the morning. A trendy headband or hair clip can come to the rescue and dress up your look!
I hope this helps you solve the intern dilemma of looking stylish after work. I’d love to hear what your tips are for taking your look from the office to happy hour!